Sunday, February 22, 2009

Its been long...

I don't know if life will get anymore normal for awhile yet but everything is coming together. Our house is under contract to close middle of March and we are scheduled to get pigs the week of March 9th. I am excited about that because that means some normality to my life, I HOPE! I don't even know if that exists, it sure has never been a part of my life before. Anyways, Brian is at least working 20 days on and 10 days off now which driving to and from OK means we only get 7 days with him but I guess that is better than nothing. We will see how long this lasts because they have been laying rigs over left and right out there. So far we have been blessed so I really am TRYING not to complain, Brian I'm sure would disagree. The last two weeks I have been working at two different hog farms, I have learned and done a lot. After the third day the smell became more normal and almost comforting because it was my job and I was doing it and well I am going to have to do it, so that is that. I walked the bore, breed sows (AI), gave shots, induced sows, pulled babies (from inside), picked-up all the dead babies, picked-up after birth (yucky!!), processed the piglets which includes, shots, castration, cut tails, clip ears, tattoo ears. It has been a lot to learn and a lot to get over. All in all I am still really excited and am just trying to figure out how I am going to do everything. You know these last few years of my life have been pretty difficult because I am a pretty independent individual who expects a lot of myself and I have had to swallow a lot of pride and ask for help more often than not. The thing that is hardest for me to understand is why so many people want to help, just help with nothing in it for them, why? And the thing that hurts the worst is that I wonder if I would be like that and help as much as everyone has helped me. I really haven't had the time to do that for others so the thought has entered my mind often and I hope sometime soon I will be able to give back. Thanks everyone!! I will get better about updating our blog too.
Here are some cute pictures of the boys:
Parker after a play in a rain storm
Ready to go for a jog, airplanes and all.
Parker loves to help me cook, especially treats.
Gunnar loves this gun and I couldn't help take this picture after baths one night. Licking the bowl is our favorite!
Here is my handyman.
Love to you all.

5 comments:

sara said...

Megan!
I'm so glad your house is under contract!!! Phew!
And I am in awe w/ you being a single mom (basically) and learning the ropes to running a pig farm. WOW! that is a TON!!! But if anyone could do it, it would be you!!! And you will have the opportunity to give back. You have a lot of life ahead of ya!

Love ya-

Carianne said...

Wow... a hog farm.. I never though, okay thats a lie I learned a long time ago to exepect the unexpected with Megan! We love you and miss you!

Brigette-boo said...

IF any one could do anything its yoU! you will have the chance to give back, and I know why people want to help, it just feels great to be around Megan! it doesn't matter if its work or not you are amazing to be around! your boys are SO darn cute! I lvoe the pictures. I kept hoping before you got your pigs I would get to see you... dream gone =( BUT I can't wait to hear more of the adventures of megan!

Courtney Curt said...

Cute pictures of your boys! Sounds like you are staying very busy!

Anonymous said...

Hey there from another CBer!
At the monastery, we had goats, and I was the main goatherd - lots of work, with the breeding and kidding too. But it was so rewarding to work on and live off the land and God's good creation. God bless you and your family in this undertaking! Sorry to hear your husband is gone so much for work - your patience and longsuffering in that too will be rewarded.

Hard to believe it's been 12 years since Adenau!
Fr Kilian
(a.k.a. Christoph)